Physicians Publications And Scientists
RISTA-EPD hardware-software reflexodiagnostic complex (hereafter called ‘ complex RISTA -EPD’) is intended to diagnostic the functional state of a autonomic nervous system (ANS) by electroconductivity indices of biologically active points (hereafter BAP) and to localize reflexogenic zones for reflex treatment autonomic disorders by different diseases.
Complex "RISTA-EPD" is device development of electropunctural diagnostics. The research work of it are connected with I.Nakatani , R.Voll  and P. Nogier .
Existing analogues are used in alternative medicine for an estimation of functional state of Chinese meridians system (the Nakatani’s method and R. Voll’s method) or functional state of different organs and systems (R. Voll’s method and auricular diagnostics), and also for making of individual treatment planning with the acupuncture or other alternative medicine methods.
Unlike existing analogues diagnostic target of complex is a not meridional system or organs, but the ANS functional state. Using it doctor can estimate the ANS functional state, sympathovagal balance and functional balance of segmental apparatus, and also to define the zones of skin surface having reflex links with detected disorders in ANS functions. Influence on these zones by SCENAR - class devices promotes normalization of vegetative regulation and acceleration of organism restoration.
Serial complexes production has been begun from the end of 1996 and proceeds to the present day. From the moment of the production beginning complexes were modernized technically. We estimated their application for SCENAR- THERAPY diagnostic support, for diagnostics of the ANS functional state and as a control mean of treatment influence on the ANS functional state. We have a lot of users’ responses. It confirms complex efficiency and safety.
The complex is used in:
, it is used for estimation of functional state and for choosing a proposed clinical use of non-medicated methods for improving functions of autonomic nervous system, ANS.
it is used to estimate the reaction of sport exercises on ANS and to find out medical indication for improving of sportsman state during training for competitions, as well as for rapid recovery during competitions and after injuries.
it is used for functional diagnostic of ANS state during different diseases and for making individual schemes of active zones for treating with the help of Scenar devices, in cases of different neurologic illnesses and pain relief.
and lower back pain
, it is used for making individual schemes of active zones for treating with the help of SCENAR devices, in cases of different neurologic illnesses and pain relief.
On the initial physiological parameters used for an estimation of functional condition ÂÍÑ, as analogs of complex "RISTA-EPD" we can consider devices and complexes which provides test and transfer to the computer of by electroconductivity indices of biologically active points and auricular point impedance.
As mentioned above, complexes are devices development of electropunctural diagnostics. The research work of it are connected with I.Nakatani , R.Vall  and P. Nogier .
The majority of existing analogs are used in alternative medicine to estimate of functional state of classical Chinese meridians system or organs and systems functional state.
You can use complexes providing indication of electro conductivity on the Nakatani’s method to estimate the functional state of meridional systems. Rarer for this purpose you can use the complexes of electro conductivity on the Voll’s method. Also you can use complexes and the devices realizing the Voll’s method or an auricular diagnostics method to estimate a functional state of organs and systems.
By diagnostics on a Nakatani’s method measuring of electro conductivity is made by a voltage source with direct current up to 200 ?A (microAmperes) at voltage up to 12 V (Volts). Measuring is made by the active electrode (diameter about 10 mm), and his metal contact is inside a dielectric cup. Before testing put the cotton wool in a cup watered with a physiological solution. The electrode is made from nonrusting steel. The passive electrode usually has the cylindrical form and is made from a brass.
Traditionally diagnostics object is the classical Chinese meridians system.
The method is based on association between changes of representative point’s electro conductivity and functional state corresponding meridians.
The basic application area is acupuncture.
Nakatani’s method is recognized by the world medical community and is used not only by alternative medicine doctors, but by therapeutics for an estimation of treatment influence on regulatory processes.
By R.Voll’s method diagnostics measure electro conductivity by a voltage source with direct current up to 12 ?A (microAmperes) at voltage up to 3 V (Volts). Measure by the electrode (diameter about 3 mm) moistened in a physiological solution. It looks like a brass core. At measuring of electro conductivity set the electrode on a point with rather strong pressing. The pressing degree depends on turgor tissue in a measuring place and is normalized by the maximum indices values. Increase the pressing power step by step. And measure it when in responding to increasing pressing the indicant stop to increase. The passive electrode, also as well as in Nakatani’s method, has the cylindrical form and is made from a brass. For results understanding the scale has been developed whereby you need to count electro conductivity for any tested point at a normal state of controllable organ. This electro conductivity corresponds to a current in the range of 5,5-7,0 ?A. It corresponds to 50-65 standard of a Voll’s scale.
Organs and systems corresponding with points are the diagnostics object.
The method is based on association between changes of representative point’s electro conductivity and functional state of organs.
Traditional analogs application area is alternative medicine, including acupuncture.
The world medical community has not one-to-one relation to this diagnostics method, but it is used active in alternative medicine.
P. Nogier crated the theory that the ear conch is similar to human embryo. The head corresponds to an ear lobe, internal organs to a conch, legs and arms to an extremity of the top part of an ear. He has developed topology of ear conch points, has connected them with bodies and has proved that the healthy person doesn't have ear conch points with low resistance. And if person has disorders, the resistance of corresponding point becomes low. For auricle diagnostics use the regulated source of a direct current of 1 ?A. Measure points by a brass, thin, dry electrode (diameter is about 1.5-2 mm). The passive electrode has the cylindrical form and is made from a brass.
Organs and systems corresponding with ear points are the diagnostics object.
The method is based on association between changes of ear conch point resistance and functional state of corresponding organs.
Traditional application area is alternative medicine in particular acupuncture.
The method is recognized by the world medical community and is used in alternative medicine as a diagnostic support at auriculotherapy.
All these diagnostics methods are loading electro dermal tests. It bases on changing registration of vegetative regulation of local skin surface areas in reaction to graduated weight bearing of a current, or, as in a Voll method, to combine with mechanic pressure. If vegetative regulation is in norm load action leads to electro conductivity indicators which lie in the range defined by methods. If the ANS functional state is broken, it leads to easing regulatory influence and is shown as the form of local more significant changes of electro conductivity. That is why electropunctural methods you can use efficiently for estimation of meridian energy state or organs state in alternative medicine, but also in classical medicine for an estimation of ANS functional state.
In particular, it is established that the average mean of electro conductivity measurements representative BAP by using Nakatani method characterizes functional activity of ANS sympathetic part. With the increasing of it the sympathetic influences from ANS on various organs and systems increases. Single electro conductivity values of representative points show intensity of sympathetic influences of corresponding levels of the segmentary system. And mistake degree of separate indices in the range of physiological standard in a ryodoraku card characterizes balanced function of the segmentary system. In case if its function is balanced, all indicators on ryodoraku card lie in the range or near to physiological standards. In case if there are segments with raised or lowered functional activity electro conductivity of corresponding points is outside of physiological standards.
Using Voll’s method we can estimate a dermal organs affect degree and in this way their functional activity. As all measurements are carried out a uniform scale so we can check functional activity of various organs.
In particular, by Voll’s method measurements of a parasympathetic nerve-knots point head meridian of ANS characterize activity trophotropic influences from the higher centers of vegetative regulation. And measurement of the third point of endocrine meridian characterizes ergotropic influences. That is why checking of these results allows to estimate character of sympathy vagal ANS balance, in connection with the general ANS activity to ergotropy or trophotropy (i.e. ANS tonus as a whole).
Auricular diagnostics gives the chance to compare functional activity of the segmental system various parts, using for this purpose points: ÀÒ-37 – cervical vertebras, ÀÒ-38 – a sacrococcyx, ÀÒ-39 – thoracic vertebraas and ÀÒ-40 – lumbar vertebras.
Now the cuniversal standard of ANS functional state objective estimation is a research of heart rate variability. However, in clinical use manuals you can see that this method estimates characteristics of vegetative regulation as a heart-vascular system and also as ANS functional state as a whole system. This research and estimation provided the basis for working out complex "RISTA-EPD".
Unlike existing analogs the complex diagnostics object is not the energy state of classical Chinese meridians or a body state, but it is ANS functional characteristics: ANS activity, sympathy vagal balance and balanced state of segmental system function.
Diagnostics goal is to estimate of ANS functional activity level, sympathy vagal balance in whole and balanced state of segmental system function.
The method is based on association between changes:
- of representative points electro conductivity size, using Nakani’s method, and functional activity of levels of the segmental system corresponding to their localization;
- of average on all electro conductivity measurements, using Nakatani’s method, and level of ANS sympathetic part functional activity as a whole;
- of electro conductivity parasympathetic ganglion points of nervous degradation heads meridian, using Voll’s method, and activity trophotropic influences of the higher centers of vegetal regulation;
- of electro conductivity the third point of endocrine meridian, using Voll’s method, and functional activity ergotropic influences of the higher centers of vegetal regulation;
- correspondence of values electro conductivity parasympathetic ganglion points of nervous degradation heads meridian and electro conductivity the third point of endocrine meridian and the general orientation of ANS activity aside ergotropy or trophotropy;
- of resistance auricular points ÀÒ-37,38,39, and 40 and functional activity, accordingly, cervical, sacral, thoracal and lumbar spine parts of the segmental system.
Thus, complex "RISTA-EPD" is intended for an estimation ANS functional state according to electro conductive measurement of biologically active points by Nakatani’s and Voll’s methods, and also resistance auricular points, and allows to define character of ANS functional deficiency at various diseases. Moreover the complex allows to define responsive skin area which reflectory connected with the detect a violation in terms of detect a violation of ANS function and can be used for function restoration and treatment of autonomic disturbances at various diseases by using SCENAR-class devices.
PHYSICIANS PUBLICATIONS AND SCIENTISTS
Serial complexes production has been begun from the end of 1996.
Complex "Rista-EPD" is device development of electropunctural diagnostics. The research of it is connected with I.Nakatani , R.Vall  and P. Nogier .
Devices and the complexes realizing these methods are used traditionally in alternative medicine to estimate a functional state of the Chinese meridians system (a Nakatani’s method) or a functional state of various organs and systems (a Voll’s method and auricular diagnostics), and also to make the individual treatment plan by traditional medicine.
At the same time, the analysis of these diagnostics methods has shown that they can help quickly and high quality to estimate ANS functional state both and to localize reflexogenic zone of a skin surface. This influence can be used in treatment by SCENAR –class devices of various diseases .
In 1997 the first results of complex "RISTA-EPD" practical application for these purposes have been published.
657 patients with a different pathology have been surveyed of which:
- neurological condition - 216;
- disease of respiratory system - 24;
- gastrointestinal problems - 26;
- ENT disease- 90;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system - 25;
- cardiovascular disease - 54;
- kidney disease and urinary tract - 53;
- gynecopathy - 126;
- dental patient - 12;
- endocrine diseases and metabolic disorder - 18;
- disease of the central nervous system - 13.
It is mentioned that electropunctural diagnostics methods which are realized as a part of a complex are one of elements of the medical technology providing efficient use of SCENAR-class devices and OLM -1 healing blankets. By its using we can made the individual scheme of impact area for treatment according to test data. If we have not needed effect from treatment or if SCENAR-THERAPIST doubts about choice treatment repeated we need to keep a computer research and to change of the impact area scheme.
We searched 29 children (from 4 till 14 years old) and 9 adults (from 19 till 63 years old) to estimate of capabilities complex "RISTA-EPD" usage and to control the treatment process of vegetovascular disorders with its. The checkup was before treatment, after 3-5 treatment procedure and after treatment. Preliminary all patients had complex clinical, functional and electrophysiological search (EEG with topographic brain mapping, rheoencephalography, ECG), confirming this disorder.
At original study on complex at all patients we saw the different degree of dispersion of indicators electrical conductivity meridians from borders of physiological standard. At search after treatment 83 % of patients had a state improvement (58 % had normal indicators of electropunctural researches, 25 % had indicators in the range of physiological standard) and 17% had not improvement or fugative character of improvement. We concluded about possible usage of a complex for objective control of achievements of the purposes of treatment of vegetovascular infringements and expediency of profound research with the help auricular diagnostics and Voll’s method diagnostics for search focal disease of those patients which treatment hasn't led to normalization indicators of electrical conductivity .
In item  we mentioned efficiency of complex usage for localization of reflexogenic zone at treatment of patients with combined pathology by SCENAR-THERAPY.
The technique of complex usage for diagnostics of character of vegetative disorder at various diseases and localization of optimum reflexogenic zone for treatment of the detected disorders by SCENAR –class devices .
By SCENAR-THERAPY research as a new medical technology it is noted that complex "RISTA-EPD" (acupunctural diagnostics of Nakatani, Voll, auriculodiagnostics) helps the doctor to find of optimum impact area and to do individual mode of exposure .
Experience of complex usage in branch of preventive unit of hospital ¹ 21, Ekaterinburg is extended in . It is noticed that 450 patients with a different pathology have been treated during 3 years. Patients had computer diagnostics before and after treatment. If necessary, patients had diagnostic during treatment. Nakatani’s method was most often diagnostics. It is the most simple and popular in use. It is noticed that it is adapted to SCENAR – THERAPY because structure of methodical software support has information system which forms the zone cut-map for treatment vegetative disorders. Indicators setting occupies about 5-7 minutes that is why it is an express-method.
The example of successful treatment of a bronchial allergy by SCENAR device with diagnostic support of complex "RISTA-EPD" is presented in . It was used to control patient state, to choice treatment zones and to estimate of treatment effectiveness.
In 1999 Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation published guidelines for using the electroacupuncture diagnostics by Voll’s method. This method gets official status in Russia .
The experience of successful treatment of viral liver cirrhosis by SCENAR-therapy with diagnostic support of complex “RISTA-EPD” is presented in .
In 2000 Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation published guidelines for using the auricular diagnostics method in reflexotherapy. This method gets official status in Russia .
The example of treating 57 patients with arthrosis showed that the most effective way to start treatment is to start with SCENAR - therapy beginning with normalization of the meridian conductivity. It is easily done by using complex “RISTA-EPD”, which provides recommendations for 3-5 procedures for any initial state of the body .
In  it is noted that the use of complex “RISTA-EPD” is especially effective in rehabilitation treatment of children with polymorphic disease. SCENAR therapy effect with the use of RISTA-EPD recommendations is bigger than the effect of this therapy by standard methods.
The use of “RISTA – EPD” for diagnosing children with multiple organ and system damages saves time and increases the treatment effectiveness. Total 335 children were examined and treated. Patients were divided according to nosological forms as follows:
- Pathology of the Nervous System - 133 patients, including children older than one year – 47 and children who are on disability - 26.
- Surgical pathology - 64
- ENT organs pathology - 48
- Pathology of bronchopulmonary system - 32
- Logopedic pathology - 24
- Skin diseases - 14
- Diseases of the digestive tract - 20
- Complex systemic diseases – 20
Also 73 adult patients with nervous system pathologies (mostly osteochondrosis), ENT organs pathologies, gynecological diseases, acute purulent processes, neuroses, ARVI and some other diseases were examined and treated.
The experience of “RISTA-EPD” successful application for choosing SCENAR-therapy tactics for treating 28-year-old woman that complained of lower abdominal pain and menstrual cycle disturbance is presented in . The ultrasound revealed right ovarian cyst about 73x50 mm and left ovarian cyst about 43x29 mm. Treatment completed successfully. The peculiarities of using complex “RISTA-EPD” to localize the optimal reflexogenic zones for treating various diseases by SCENAR are described in [18,19].
In  the positive experience of using “RISTA-EPD” for diagnosing autonomic nervous system diseases reflects. The examination of 263 patients was carried out, using the Nakatani’s techniques (Riodaraku), auricular diagnostics and by Voll’s method. The research was carried out at the level of ANS functions state assessment, relative functional activity of organs and systems and tissue lesions diagnostics. It is noted that electroacupuncture diagnostics reduced to a minimum the gap between diagnosis and treatment tactics was a direct result of diagnostic tests.
In  you can read about a case of successful treatment of epileptic syndrome in 11-year-old child using SCENAR - therapy with diagnostic support of “Rista-EPD”. The complex was used to localize treatment zones.
In  two cases of using complex “RISTA-EPD” for diagnostic support of treatment by SCENAR device are described. The first patient was a 9-year-old boy, who complained of general weakness, abdominal pain, bitter taste in the mouth, heart pains, fatigue. The second patient was a 5-year-old boy, who complained of abdominal pain, poor sleep, irritability, general weakness after suffering salmonellosis three years ago. There is treatment tactics described in detail, which is based on data from the diagnostic study of ANS function disorders.
The character of complex “RISTA-EPD” as a support system for medical decisions in SCENAR - therapy are described in [23,24].
In 2002 Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation published guidelines for using the Nakatani’s method. This method as well as the Voll’s method and auriculodiagnostics gets official status in Russia .
In 2005, by the decision of Editing and Publishing Board of the Rostov State Medical University (Protocol No.28 of March 2005) guidelines for the use of complex “RISTA-EPD” in SCENAR - therapy were published . They were approved by the FPK Methodical Commission and RostGMU PPS.
There is evidence of using the complex for diagnostic support of non-drug treatment of patients with lumbodynia (a total of 14 patients were examined at the age of 26 to 68 years)  The complex was used for assessing the influence of perioperative autogemochemotherapy on the functional state of body regulatory systems in patients with lung cancer (total 45 patients were examined) .
In 2011 a monography was published, which points to the feasibility of using complex “RISTA-EPD” for diagnosing the ANS functional state in SCENAR therapy. This monography also describes its advantages compared to other known methods of investigation .
Complex deliveries in different health facilities continue, and new examples of its successful practical application appear.
1. Nogier P. Traite d’auriculotherapie. Maissonneuve, Moulins-les-Metz, 1968.
2. Nakatani Y., Yamashyta K. Ryodoraku Akupunkture. - Tokyo, 1977.
3. Voll R. Topographische Lage der Messpunkte der Elektroakupunktur. Textband I,II,III - Aufl. Uelzen, 1976 - 1980.
4. Cherchago A.Ya. The use of "Rista-EPD" complex for localization of stimulation zones on the skin surface at SCENAR-therapy. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. Collection of articles, 1997, No. 3, 75-83 pp.
5. Umyarov R.V. Results of work of SCENAR-therapy and SCENAR-expertise health center / SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. Collection of articles, No. 3, Taganrog, 1997, 46-51 pp.
6. Leonov A.V. Rehabilitation of autonomic vascular disorders in children and adults using OLM-1 and Rista-EPD reflexodiagnostic complex / SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. Collection of articles, No. 3, Taganrog, 1997, 83-85 pp.
7. Denisova T.V. Computer diagnostics in SCENAR-therapy / SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 3, Taganrog, 1997, 85-87 pp.
8. Cherchago A.Ya. Localization of stimulation zones with the use of Rista-EPD reflexodiagnostic complex for SCENAR-therapy of autonomic dysfunctions. // TSURE news. Special issue. Medical information systems. MIS-98 Science and Engineering Conference Materials. Taganrog, TSURE, 1998, No.4(10).
9. Revenko A.N. The place of SCENAR therapy as a technology in medicine today. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. Collection of articles, No. 4, Taganrog, 1998, 21-32 pp.
10. Andrianova O.V. The organization of SCENAR therapy. Practical use of Rista-EPD diagnostic computer complex. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. Collection of articles, No. 4, 1998, 40-42 pp.
11. Denisova T.V. SCENAR therapy of complicated forms of diseases. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 4, 1998, 106-109 pp.
12. Possibilities of computerized electropuncture diagnostics by Voll’s method in reflexotherapy and homeopathy. Methodical recommendations No. 98/232. Moscow, 1999, 20 pages.
13. Lopatko V.I. A case report (treatment of viral liver cirrhosis) // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 5, 1999, 82-86 pp.
14. Auricular diagnostics in clinical reflexology. Methodical recommendations ¹ 2000/73. Moscow, 2000, 16 pages.
15. Denisova T.V. Treatment of arthroses. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 6, 2000, 54-56 pp.
16. Feigina I.G. SCENAR-therapy experience. SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 6, 2000, 63-65 pp.
17. Bakaras V.V. Some practical results // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 6, 2000, 72-75 pp.
18. Cherchago A.Ya. Localization of optimal stimulation zones based on the use of loading electro dermal tests for SCENAR-therapy // Abstracts of the I International Congress "New medical technologies", St. Petersburg, 2001, 145p.
19. Cherchago A.Ya. Approach to the localization of optimal stimulation zones in SCENAR-therapy based on reflexodiagnostics. // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 7, 2001, 37-45 pp.
20. Korkushko L.O., Lishnevsky S.A. Computer-based acupuncture diagnostics of autonomic nervous system diseases. Vrachebnoe delo, 2001, No.5, 117-119pp.
21. Kuptzova E.N. The case of epilepsy treatment // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 7, 2001, 103-107 pp.
22. Ivannikova I.L. The practical results // SCENAR-therapy, SCENAR-expertise. No. 7, 2001, 109-115 pp.
23. Cherchago A.Ya. The use of loading electro dermal tests for localization of optimal stimulation zones in electrotherapy. // Results and prospects of traditional medicine in Russia. Collected materials of Scientific Jubilee Conference dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the opening in Moscow Central Research Institute of Reflexotherapy.
24. Cherchago A.Ya. Rista-EPD reflexodiagnostic complex as a support system for medical decisions in SCENAR-therapy. TSURE news No.5. Special issue. Medical information systems. MIS-2002 Science and Engineering Conference Materials. Taganrog, TSURE, 2002, 99-103pp.
25. Electroacupuncture diagnostics by Nakatani method. Methodical recommendations. Moscow, 2002, No.34, 21p.
26. Tarakanov A.V., Cherchago A.Ya. Methodical recommendations on using Rista-EPD hardware-software complex in SCENAR-therapy. Taganrog, Poznanie publishing house, 2005, 66p.
27. Strehova G.V., Mezentseva N.V. Complex rehabilitation of patients with lumbodynia.
Federal State Institution “Russian Research Center of Restorative Medicine and Balneology of Roszdrav”, Moscow, Russia // Materials of the first Russian Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Physicians. REASPOMED, 2007, Moscow, February 27 - March 1, 2007. 265p.
28. Evaluation of the compensatory effect of intraoperative autohemochemotherapy method on the functional state of regulatory systems in lung cancer patients. // Russian Journal of biotherapeutic No.1, Volume 7, 2008, 55p.
29. Lyan N.V. Comprehensive diagnostics and treatment: from acupuncture to SCENAR. Feniks publishing house, Rostov-on-Don, 2011, 253p.